South Side was the site of the first consolidation in the Madison County System back in 1956 when Pinson, Malesus, J.B. Young and Mercer came together. Our school family increased even more with the closing of West High School in 1992 and the consolidation of the Jackson and Madison County School Systems.
South Side is situated on 32 acres at the intersection of Hwy. 45 South and Harts Bridge Road. The campus consists of five building, a 2000 seat football stadium, concessions and a TSSAA regulation size field, two gymnasiums, and softball field. In 1997-98 South Side High School and South Side Booster Club built a new baseball field. The student population of South Side is under 1,000 and serving these young people are a professional staff of over seventy.
We are especially proud of our support from the South Side community, most of whom went to school here themselves. The community takes pride in the professional and vocational success of its graduates who range from industrial labor to middle management, to engineers, lawyers, doctors and politicians.
This pride among faculty, students and the community provides a strong foundation on which to build a solid future at South Side High School.